Thursday, May 21, 2015

California: The Rebeavering!

Check out my latest post on the WWF ClimatePrep blog:

California: The Rebeavering

Consisting mostly of the results of an extensive interview Brock Dolman, Director of the WATER Institute at the Occidental Arts and Ecology Center, a leading beaver believer in the California movement for rebeavering. I actually interviewed more people for this article than for any of my previous articles, but he was very generous with his time and energy. By the end of the interview I felt like I'd been recruited to join the movement!

I come from a place where beavers are a-plenty (the swamps between Lake Ontario and the Tug Hill Plateau, west of the New York's Adirondack Park) and quite frankly considered pests, so this article gave me a chance to think about the beaver's important role in water system management, and appreciate the possibilities they present to our parched state here in California.


No comments:

Post a Comment